Hillside Wrestling Weekend V, August 1998
Riding to Hillside - August 12, 1998
This year I rode from Long Island, NY to Hillside, rather than from Boston.
For Boston and Providence pictures from July 1998, click
- PA Rte. 739 between Delaware River and US 209,
showing beginning of steep hill out of Delaware Valley
- Map at a realtor's office near southern end of PA 739
showing shortcut through the Poconos
- View on PA Rte. 106,
looking west from mountain pass about halfway between Lenox and Carbondale,
and the last major mountain pass before Hillside; Gibson area & I-81 are
visible in the distance
- Lenox, PA (I-81 Exit 64) in a valley between two
- PA Rtes. 848 and 547, in bustling downtown
Gibson ;-) -- about 1 1/2 miles from Hillside, coming from the opposite direction
compared to last year's ride. I arrived just in time for dinner (6:40 PM).
Who needs a mat to wrestle anyway? ;-)
The parking lot will do...
Wrestling at the main mat under the big tent at Hillside 1998
- Picture 1 of 4
- Picture 2 of 4
- Picture 3 of 4
- Picture 4 of 4
- Single leg takedown
- After the takedown
- Ed & Ron
The Submission Mat (auxiliary mat at Site 60A -- Thanks, John!)
- Picture 1 of 8
- Picture 2 of 8
- Picture 3 of 8
- Picture 4 of 8
- Picture 5 of 8
- Picture 6 of 8
- Picture 7 of 8 -- Hanging out between matches
- Picture 8 of 8
Some other Hillside 1998 pictures
- Meal time
- "OK, but I gotta finish my soda first..."
- Nick hanging from rafter at Site 60 showers
- Site 60 after big tent and mats removed
This page has been visited
since May 3, 2001.
- Click here to mail me comments
about this web page.
- Click here
for general information on Hillside Wrestling Weekend, from the
information packet sent to attendees for the latest event.
- Click here to request more
information by e-mail from Bob Sayers about the next Hillside Wrestling
Page created: August 27, 1998
Modified: October 12, 1999